We at the Asian Studies Program are deeply saddened about the murders of six Asian women in three separate shootings in the Atlanta area last week.
As violence and hate crimes against Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) communities continue to increase, we stand firmly in solidarity with our AAPI colleagues, students, and broader community members. We condemn all anti-Asian hate, rhetoric, violence, and other acts of racism.
Consider donating to this #StopAsianHate fundraiser, which will benefit numerous AAPI organizations. You can also learn more about the history about racism and violence against the AAPI community at the following links:
- STOP AAPI HATE
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice | AAJC
- Asian American and Pacific Islander
- AAPI Progressive Action
- Anti-Asian Attacks Rise During Pandemic. Read NPR’s Stories On The Surge In Violence
- Anti-Asian Violence Resources
Please also consider the following Northeastern University resources:
- Find@Northeastern University Health and Counseling Services
- The Asian American Center
- The Center for Intercultural Engagement
- To report concerns on or near campus regarding discrimination and harassment, please contact The Office of University Equity and Compliance