Program Outcomes for Asian Studies
- Analyze how global forces of economic, political, and cultural change affect contemporary Asian societies.
- Explain basic historical linkages between Asian societies, such as intra-regional cultural, social, economic, and religious interactions.
- Explain basic historical linkages between Asia and the world, including economic and cultural linkages, migration, and the experience of colonialism.
- Analyze a range of historical and contemporary issues in a specific Asian society.
- Identify and articulate clear positions on key debates in Asian Studies within a specific academic discipline (for example, sociology, history, political science, economics, religious studies, or international relations).
- Explain inter-cultural differences, and reflect thoughtfully on inter-cultural interactions, based on an inter-cultural academic or work experience (such as a study abroad experience, Dialogue, or co-op).
- Write clear, evidence-based analyses on a topic of research and interpret a range of data sources.