The Asian Studies Research Award supports research and related activities undertaken by Northeastern University faculty and/or PhD students. Activities may include individual or collaborative research projects, or symposia or seminars on topics that explicitly focus on Asia.
The awards committee will consider the following criteria in making these awards:
- Scholarly merit and potential impact of the project on understanding of Asian histories, cultures, societies, and politics;
- Impact of the research on the strength of Asian Studies scholarship at Northeastern University;
- Impact of the research on the applicant’s career;
- The appropriateness of the project budget.
Award Amount: up to $2,000
Eligibility: Full time Northeastern faculty and PhD students in any college. Preference may be given to faculty who are affiliated with the Asian Studies Program.
Deadline: This award is not accepting new applications at this time.
Materials to include in the application:
- Project description (2 pages)
- Budget (1 page)
- Curriculum vitae of Northeastern participants/investigators
Applications should be submitted to Hua Dong, Director, Asian Studies Program: email@example.com.
Successful applicants will submit a two-page, mid-year report and a two-page, final report to the CSSH Dean’s Office and the Asian Studies Program Director. Reporting grids will be sent to successful applicants with instructions and due dates. Mid-year and final reports will be submitted to her electronically via email.
This award is made possible by the Hong Liu Asian Studies Fund.