The Asian Studies Student Award supports study abroad, international research, internship, and co-op abroad opportunities for bachelors and masters students at Northeastern University who intend to pursue careers focusing on building relations between the United States and Asia on the basis of peace, justice, and mutual understanding. These awards can be used to partially support travel or living expenses not covered by other sources.
Eligibility: All Northeastern undergraduates and masters students in good standing are eligible. Some preference may be given to students who are enrolled in the Asian Studies major or East Asian Studies minor.
Deadline: This award is not accepting new applications at this time.
Award Amount: Up to $2,000
- A two-page statement that:
- describes the co-op, study abroad, internship, or international research opportunity;
- explains how the opportunity fits into the students’ long-term career goals;
- explains why this award is needed to participate in this opportunity.
- List of other funding sources received or applied for;
- Budget statement that describes all expenses for the project, which details the proposed use of the requested funds;
- One academic letter of reference from faculty member at Northeastern or another university;
- Transcript (unofficial transcript is acceptable).
Applications should be submitted to Hua Dong, Director, Asian Studies Program: email@example.com.
Successful applicants will submit a two-page, mid-year report and a two-page, final report to the CSSH Dean’s Office and the Asian Studies Program Director. Reporting grids will be sent to successful applicants with instructions and due dates. Mid-year and final reports will be submitted to her electronically via email.
The Asian Studies Student Award Committee will give preference to students who have not received this award previously.
This award is made possible by the Hong Liu Asian Studies Fund.