Applications for Fall 2019 are open!
CSSH Circle is a community within the college for incoming international students to meet other new students along with upper-class students. Throughout the semester CSSH Circle student leaders organize various events along with their Circle teams. Student leaders play a key role in guiding new students as they find their way to resources on campus, answer any questions they might have, or lead them to someone who might know. Additionally, there are opportunities to develop skills by joining committees such as Social Media, Website, Event Planning, Global Cafe, Intercultural Communication Workshops and Training, etc.
Learn more at: northeastern.edu/cssh/circle | facebook.com/csshcircle | instagram.com/csshcircle
CSSH Circle Mentor Expectations
- Preferably be in classes during the fall 2019 semester and able to dedicate 1-2 hours per week
- Join at least one planning committee
- Plan at least one event during the semester with another mentor
- Engage with your assigned students at least every 1-2 weeks
- Join events planned by other mentors
- Participate in other activities as they arise
- Bring enthusiasm and ideas
- Attend CSSH Circle Training: September 3, 9-11:30 am (mandatory)
- Attend CSSH Circle Kickoff for Members and New Students: September 5, 4:30-6pm (mandatory)
- If available, attend new student orientations throughout the summer. Dates will be announced.
- Form new friendships with fellow Northeastern students
- Build intercultural communication and leadership skills
- Gain a leadership role to put on your resume
- Network with CSSH faculty and staff during event planning and programming
- Plan and attend free events with activities and food
Application (plan to spend about 10-12 minutes)