Due to COVID-19 restrictions on travel, this award is currently on hiatus for the safety of Northeastern students.
The Modern Languages and Cultural Immersion Travel Fund provides funding to modern languages students to facilitate their ability to study in a country of their chosen language. The funding may be used to cover any or all expenses that may be incurred by a student who is studying abroad. This award can be used to partially support travel or living expenses not covered by other sources.
Eligibility: All full-time Northeastern undergraduate students enrolled in a language major or minor and in good academic standing are eligible. Exceptions may be made for students studying languages not currently taught at Northeastern.
Deadline: Due to COVID-19 regulations, this award is currently on hiatus.
Award Amount: Up to $2,000
- A two-page statement that:
- describes the co-op, study abroad, internship, or international research opportunity;
- explains how the opportunity fits into the students’ long-term career goals;
- explains why this award is needed to participate in this opportunity.
- List of other funding sources received or applied for;
- Budget statement that describes all expenses for the project, which details the proposed use of the requested funds;
- One academic letter of reference from faculty member at Northeastern or another university;
- Transcript (unofficial transcript is acceptable).
Applications should be submitted to Modern Languages and Cultural Immersion Travel Fund Selection Committee at email@example.com.
Successful applicants will submit a two-page, mid-year report and a two-page, final report to the CSSH Dean’s Office and the Chair of the Department of Cultures, Societies, and Global Studies. Reporting grids will be sent to successful applicants with instructions and due dates. Mid-year and final reports will be submitted electronically via email.
The Award Committee will give preference to students who have not received this award previously.