DIVERSITY IN ECONOMICS: A moderated panel discussion
4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Curry Student Center, Room 340 - (please note this is a new location)
Northeastern University Department of Economics and the Office of Institutional Diversity and Inclusion
More Information: https://cssh.northeastern.edu/economics/diversecon/
Funded by the Office of Institutional Diversity and Inclusion, DIVERSEcon hosts a yearly seminar that features speakers to discuss their research as well as their career experiences.
On Wednesday, October 30, 2019 from 4:30 – 6:00 pm in Curry Student Center, Room 340 a panel of six professional economists will come and share their career trajectories, the types of work they do in their current jobs, and what opportunities are available to economics graduates at the Bachelor’s, master’s, and Ph.D. levels. In sharing their career trajectory we hope to encourage discussion of challenges and opportunities that illustrate strategies used by individuals from diverse backgrounds to persist and succeed in their careers. We also hope to highlight the varied paths that economics graduates can take.
- Osborne Jackson (Ph.D.), Senior Economist, Research, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
- Jonathan Lee, (MA), Principal, Economic Development Research (EDR) Group
- Lily Liu, (Ph.D.), Financial Economist, Supervision & Regulation, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
- Lolo Palacios, (Ph.D.), Associate, Analysis Group
- Bledi Taska (Ph.D.), Chief Economist, Burning Glass Technologies
- Jennifer Weiner (MA), Research Economist, RTI
A reception will follow at 5:30 p.m. during which student and faculty can network and socialize.