Blueprint Labs is recruiting a Research Fellow based at MIT in Cambridge, MA. Blueprint uses data and economics to uncover the consequences of policy choices and improve society. Based in the Department of Economics at MIT, Blueprint Labs consists of over 18 academic affiliates who represent leading economic thinkers, ten full-time staff members, and six graduate researchers. Blueprint Labs works closely with leading academic, government, and nonprofit institutions across the country to generate pioneering research that informs policy and practice in education, health care, and the workforce.
Research Fellows receive a full-time, one-year appointment that is renewable annually (contingent on funding). An employment term of two years is strongly preferred. This position will begin as soon as possible, no later than June 15, 2023, in-person at Blueprint’s office in Cambridge, MA. The salary range is $53,000-$58,000. This position is not eligible for any visa sponsorship.
Qualifications & Skills
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Education: A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in economics, computer science, mathematics, statistics, or a related field.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years’ specialized experience with quantitative data analysis, research methods, and/or social sciences research (which may include coursework or experience gained as an undergraduate).
- Skills: Programming skills, particularly around data analysis, cleaning, and simulations. Previous fellows in this position have used Stata, R, or Python to conduct a
- Ability to work independently in a self-directed role across multiple projects, managers, and teams.
- Responsibility and Judgement: Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgement.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Education: Coursework or experience in labor economics, econometrics, and/or computer science
- Experience: Knowledge of Stata, Python, and/or R, and previous research experience, acquired through a research assistantship or an independent research project, are strongly preferred. Some background or willingness/ability to learn Stata is particularly important
- Skills: Familiarity with machine learning and natural language processing methods is preferred, though not necessary