Home » Undergraduate » Academic Advising

Academic Advising

Academic advising is an integral part of the department’s undergraduate academic program. To best serve the needs of our undergraduate students it is a dual pronged system. Integral to the system are the faculty advisors within the department and the professional advisors in the College of Social Sciences and Humanities’ Office of Student Academic Affairs. Students are strongly urged to regularly see their faculty advisor concerning their selection of courses, academic progress, post-graduation plans, or for any other questions or concerns they may have. For advising by Department of Economics faculty, students are divided among faculty advisors by year, with sophomores and juniors further divided alphabetically between two advisors.

If you have a question about who your faculty advisor is, please stop by or call the Department of Economics main office (301 LA, 617-373-2882).  You are strongly urged to regularly see your faculty advisor concerning your selection of courses, academic progress, post-graduation plans, or for any other questions or concerns you have. Advisors’ office hours are posted each semester outside the entrance to the main office (301 LA) in the Department of Economics, and here.

 AdvisorOfficeTelephone Number
[617] 373-
First Year StudentsProf. Triest301 LA7852r.triest@neu.edu
All grades with the exception of first year studentsGustavo Vicentini, Undergraduate Advisor307 LA7222g.vicentini@neu.edu
Cooperative Education
Cooperative Education
Cooperative Education
(A-K)Linnea Basu
(L-R)Stephen Williams
(S-Z)Rebecca Westerling
17 LA
180 RP
CSSH Dean's Office
(A-K)Agata Rybalkiewicz
L-O) Jan Wong
(P-Z) Justin Repici
180 RP3980a.rybalkiewicz@northeastern.edu
CSSH Dean's Office(Politics, Philosophy and Economics)
Ariana Roche
180 RP3117a.roche@northeastern.edu

*After the initial intake advising, transfer students are advised in the same fashion as all other majors, by class year.

Before talking with an advisor, it is recommended that you conduct an audit of your degree program to see where you stand in regard to course requirements. Through the myNeuweb portal (www.myneu.neu.edu), access the Degree Audit and Reporting system to view and get a copy of your audit. Note that you can obtain a degree audit for either the B.S. or B.A. to see how you would stand with respect to either degree. You can also evaluate through this audit system progress toward completing a minor in Economics, any of our combined majors or any other program.  Students see their Dean’s Office (CSSH) advisor for questions about the core curriculum, university requirements, and for other academic and non-academic matters such as changing major, declaring a minor outside of economics, taking courses outside of Northeastern, and requesting a leave of absence.

 Changing into a CSSH Major/Declaring a Minor/Adding a concentration

Students now declare a CSSH minor online exclusively; the paper Program of Study Petitions will no longer be accepted.

Here is the link to the Minor Declaration page: www.neu.edu/cssh/addaminor.  From here, you can click on the first hyperlink to sign in and add a minor and can see a list of all available CSSH minors.

Major changes or minor/concentration additions involving CSSH programs should be completed as follows –

If you have curricular questions about the Economics minor, please contact your Economics advisor.

 Link to current Northeastern University Undergraduate Catalog


The Office of Student Academic Affairs

Located in 180 Renaissance Park, the Office of Student Academic Affairs is a central place where undergraduate students in CSSH can go with all academic questions. This office is a good first place to go for any kind of academic concern.

Visit CSSH Advising