Home » Graduate » Admissions » International Applicants

International Applicants

Immigration Clearance and Course Registration

The Office of Global Services (OGS) will send each new student an orientation schedule at the same time they issue an I-20 (or DS-2019) and will inform the student of the Orientation Assistance for International Students (OASIS) program. Students who do not receive a schedule can contact OGS directly or check the orientation page on the OGS website.

Office of Global Services
405 Ell Hall
Phone: 617.373.2310
Fax: 617.373.8788


On-Campus Housing
International students interested in on-campus housing should contact the coordinator of graduate housing in the Department of Housing and Residential Life. Graduate housing is limited and the rooms that are available will be offered to applicants on a first-come, first-serve basis.

In order to apply for housing, students require a Northeastern University Identification Number (NUID). This number is printed on the bottom of the admission letter. Students with any questions related to housing application deadlines should contact the Department of Housing and Residential Life directly:

Department of Housing and Residential Life
4 Speare Hall
Phone: 617.373.2814
Fax: 617.373.8794

Off-Campus Housing
Off-Campus Student Services provides advocacy for students’ off-campus needs, resources to assist off-campus housing searches, and educational and social programs. This service is free for Northeastern students. Students can access off-campus housing searches with their myNortheastern account.

Off-Campus Student Services
226 Curry Student Center
Phone: 617.373.8480

Financial Aid

International students may be eligible to apply for a variety of private loans. Students interested in receiving financial aid information should contact Graduate Student Financial Services at:

Graduate Student Financial Services
354 Richards Hall
Phone: 617.373.5899
Fax: 617.373.8735

Physical Examination Record, Immunization, and Medical Care Plan

All international students must complete a Physical Examination Record and provide official immunization documentation before registering for classes. All documentation must be in English. English translations of original documents must be official.

In addition, Massachusetts law requires that all students maintain a medical care plan (health insurance). The required “Health Report” packet is available at the University Health and Counseling Services (UHCS) Website.

Students who do not have access to the internet can contact Northeastern’s University Health and Counseling Services directly using the contact information below. Students should complete the health center documents and requirements prior to leaving their home country because historical medical information is required. Forms may be emailed, faxed, or mailed. Health records from undergraduate institutions are acceptable. The health services packet also provides information on the student health care plan, which is mandatory for full-time students.

University Health and Counseling Services
135 Forsyth Building
Phone: 617.373.2772
Fax: 617.373.2601