Skip to content

Welcome to the Northeastern community — we’re glad you’re here. The information below will help you prepare for your studies at Northeastern and will connect you with people who can answer questions about things like billing, housing, and student life.

Academic Catalog

The Graduate Academic Catalog contains administrative policies, academic curricula, and course descriptions. Please note that individual programs may also have their own handbooks, and students should refer to them for more specific information.

Advising and Registration

Search for courses and register via the myNortheastern portal. If you are unsure of the courses in which to enroll, review the Academic Catalog and consult the advisors in your program.

Academic Calendar

Carefully review the Registrar’s Office’s Academic Calendar for important dates.

Address Changes

Update your address in the myNortheastern portal.

Awards and Scholarships

For more information about scholarships and awards available to CSSH students, see the Financial Aid and Awards web page.

If you have an award or scholarship, please note that Student Financial Services posts awards and scholarships to student accounts after the close of registration. In the interim, you should only pay the tuition that you will owe minus your scholarship. If you have questions or concerns please contact


You will receive an e-bill shortly after registering for classes. Students with assistantships or scholarships should pay the balance of what is not covered by the award. Contact Student Financial Services at 617.373.5899 with any billing questions.

Direct Deposit

All students are required to sign up for direct depositPlease note that if you are a Stipended Graduate Assistant (SGA: Teaching or Research), your first stipend may be in the form of a paper check. Bring your Northeastern student identification card to 250 Columbus Place to pick up your check.

Financial Aid

U.S. citizens or permanent resident aliens who will be enrolling in degree programs are eligible to apply for federally-sponsored financial aid administered by Northeastern University.

Student Financial Services
354 Richards Hall
Phone: 617.373.5899

Health Report Form

Massachusetts state law requires all students to submit a health report form to the University before beginning their studies.

Please download the form from the University Health and Counseling Services’ (UHCS) website. The form must be returned no later than 30 days prior to the start of classes to the UHCS. Health services will block all students from registering for their second semester if no health form is on file. Any questions concerning the form should be directed to University Health and Counseling Services at:

University Health and Counseling Services
135 Forsyth Building
Phone: 617.373.2772
Fax: 617.373.2601

Housing (on-campus and off-campus)

On-campus graduate housing is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.

Housing and Residential Life
4 Speare Commons
Phone: 617.373.2814

Off-campus Housing and Support Services provide resources to students who live off-campus or who are looking for off-campus housing.

Off-Campus Student Services
226 Curry Student Center
Phone: 617.373.8480

International Student Expertise and Support

The Office of Global Services (OGS) is an active resource to 13,000 international students and scholars from 147 different nations across the world. OGS provides the professional expertise and support you need to maintain compliance through immigration, academic, and your employment experiences—helping you remain a valuable member of the Northeastern community. Sign up for the newsletter to learn about upcoming webinars and events.

Office of Global Services
405 Ell Hall
Phone: 617.373.2310

Northeastern Student ID

Obtain a Husky Card at 4 Speare Commons after registration.

Northeastern University Student Health Plan (NUSHP)

Graduate students are automatically charged for the health plan. Students with comparable Massachusetts required insurance must waive the NUSHP by the deadline established by Student Accounts. Please contact Student Accounts with any questions.

Office 365

Faculty, staff, and students have access to Office 365 as members of the Northeastern community. Your myNortheastern username followed by @northeastern, [myNortheastern username], is your Office 365 username, and it will be used to access all Office 365 services, including Outlook for email. Go to the Office 365 web page for more information, FAQs, and support.

Official Transcripts

Send official transcripts (only upon enrollment) to:

Graduate Office
College of Social Sciences and Humanities
Northeastern University
180 Renaissance Park
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115

The Graduate Office also accepts official electronic transcripts sent to

Parking Permits and Public Transportation

Will you be driving to campus? Student Financial Services in 354 Richards Hall issues parking permits for Northeastern students who wish to commute by car. To obtain a parking decal, students must complete the online parking permit application.

Discounted MBTA passes are available for students who will be commuting by public transportation.

Student Life

Northeastern is home to more than 300 student organizations. Learn more at Student Communities.