Home » News » MURP student begins internship at Federal Reserve Bank of Boston

MURP student begins internship at Federal Reserve Bank of Boston

Victoria Meléndez, a student in the MS in Urban and Regional Policy, has joined The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston as a community outreach Intern for the Working Cities Challenge (WCC).

The WCC is a groundbreaking effort to support leaders who are reaching across sectors to ensure that smaller cities in Massachusetts and Rhode Island are places of opportunity and prosperity for low-income and residents of color by leading teams in those states through a rigorous process that builds cross-sector collaborations.

In her role, Meléndez works with the bank’s regional and community outreach department to strategize ways to mobilize evaluation findings from the WCC’s first round to improve and even expand future WCC rounds in other parts of New England.

“At Northeastern, my coursework allowed me to engage with local stakeholders to address real concerns,” said Meléndez. “This focus on immersive and practical learning helped to hone my skills in community engagement, data analysis and so much more that I use every day at the office.”

Published On: July 18, 2018 |