Home » News » Student Spotlight: Bidisha Das

Student Spotlight: Bidisha Das

Here’s a profile of Bidisha Das, an Urban Informatics student who is excited for the opportunity to combine social sciences and data.

Name: Bidisha Das
Program: M.S., Urban Informatics
Hometown: New Delhi, India

What made you decide to pursue your degree?
I am from a social science background but wanted to get exposure to the field of informatics. The Urban Informatics program is the perfect blend of both.

Why Northeastern?
Northeastern has long been known for work in public policy and changes in the city. Also, the co-op program is a very valuable addition to my educational experience.

What sorts of on-campus activities are you involved in? Why would you encourage students to make the most of their time here?
I am working on campus at the Office of Global Services. I work with international students everyday answering their queries, and it’s a lot of fun.

Name a memorable course or even class period:
I really enjoyed my ArcGIS (a geographic information system) class with professor Glenn Hazelton, where I created interesting visualizations on maps. I also thoroughly enjoyed my Urban Theory class with Prof. Daniel O’Brien where I learned a lot about cities and their theories in depth.

What do you love about Boston? Any recommendations for fun activities and/or restaurants?
I love the city of Boston. It’s very cute and cozy without any chaos. I especially like the Charles River Esplanade and Chinatown for eating, especially the Dumpling Cafe.

Published On: October 29, 2019 |