Celebrating Our Planet and Advancing a Just, Sustainable, and Resilient Future
Our lives may feel more confined these days, but nonetheless, we must continue to strive for the future of the planet. The School of Public Policy and Urban Affairs at Northeastern University will be hosting a webinar on April 20 about climate action and social justice during and in the wake of COVID-19. Additional resources are available below. Join us!
Audio and Video | Climate Action & Social Justice During COVID19: A Time for Transformation
#EarthDay | #NUClimateCovid19
This time of massive societal disruption is requiring us to reconsider many things, including how we prepare for the climate crisis and how we address growing inequities and disparities. In connection with Earth Day 2020’s 50-year celebration of activism, this panel reflects on integrating climate action and social justice into this transformative time. Northeastern’s School of Public Policy and Urban Affairs and Global Resilience Institute invite you to join this conversation about mobilizing for a better future for all.
- Matt Nisbet, Professor of Communication and Public Policy, Northeastern University
- Karl Meakin, Environmental Science undergraduate student; Research Assistant, Initiative for Energy Justice, Northeastern University; Member of the Boston chapter of the Sunrise Movement
- Maria Cimilluca, VP for Facilities Management, Northeastern University
- Ted Landsmark, Professor and Director of the Dukakis Center for Urban and Regional Policy, Northeastern Unviersity
- Jennie Stephens, Professor and Director, School of Public Policy & Urban Affairs, Director of Strategic Research Collaborations, Global Resilience Institute, Northeastern University, Moderator