Regular review and analysis of departmental financial and operational performance measurement data; estimating the impact of programmatic and policy actions on expenditures and operational performance; researching issues across departments or governmental agencies; developing problem statements; analyzing and assisting with annual departmental budget preparation and analysis; assisting with special projects. Performs other duties as required. Performs related work as required.
Minimum Entrance Qualifications:
- Three (3) years of professional experience in management, program or budget analysis or program administration or management. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field may be substituted for two (2) years of the required experience.
- Knowledge of management principles and practices, methods and techniques of program evaluation, government fiscal management and budgeting.
- Ability to prepare and analyze budgetary and financial matters; analyze systems and procedures; define or identify management problems and recommend solutions; prepare clear and concise statistical and evaluation research reports.
- Intermediate level of understanding of Excel or equivalent required.
- Prior experience with Access or other database management systems preferred.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
BOSTON RESIDENCY REQUIRED
Please include a cover letter along with your resume.
Union/Salary Plan Grade: SENA/MM1-6
Hours per week: 35
The City of Boston is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. Therefore, qualified applicants will be considered regardless of their sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, or other protected category.
All City of Boston employees must comply with the City of Boston’s COVID-19 Policies. To read more about those policies, please click
To apply for this job please visit city-boston.icims.com.