Management and Performance Analyst
Management and Performance Analyst
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The mission of the Mayor’s Office of Housing (MOH) is to make Boston the most livable city in the nation by working with communities to build strong neighborhoods through the strategic investment of public resources. MOH oversees programs that create and preserve affordable housing, support homeowners and renters, provide housing and services to unhoused individuals and families, and dispose of city-owned property. MOH seeks to carry out its mission through a lens of promoting diversity, equity and inclusion and addressing the effects of systemic racism in our city.
Within MOH, the Innovation and Technology (IT) Division is responsible for providing the technology resources and performance strategies to maintain an exceptional level of constituent service and to assist the department in executing its key objectives.
Brief Job Description:
Under the supervision of the Director for Innovation and Technology or designee, the performance analyst is responsible for improving the processes and tools that support the day-to-day mission of MOH as well as helping the department articulate and measure the success of their programs.
- Works with department staff to map current state business processes, identify areas for improvement, and implement streamlined, future-state processes.
- Helps configure low-tech solutions to process inefficiencies by using out-of-the-box and “no-code” software tools (G-Suite, DocuSign, Adobe, Salesforce, Conga, Smartsheets, etc.).
- Assists product managers and technical staff with gathering functional requirements for new Salesforce products and feature enhancements.
- Liaises between divisional staff and developers of technology solutions to translate user needs into functional requirements and provide feedback on feature development, design, and user testing.
- Serves as a department-wide resource for performance reporting, including building capacity within the agency on Salesforce-based reporting tools, and performing hands-on configuration of performance management reports.
- Support divisional leadership to execute performance management strategies, including the identification and definition of key performance measures, the implementation of measurement tools, and the development of new reports.
- Assist in solution implementation and adoption through the development of release notes, end and user documentation. Creates “how-to” guides and conducts periodic, ad hoc training for internal users.
- Performs ad-hoc reporting tasks including program demand projections, cost-benefit analyses, client demographic reports, and other reports as needed.
- Performs related duties as required.
Minimum Entrance Qualifications:
- Two (2) – Four (4) years of full time, or equivalent part-time, professional experience in information technology or related field in work that included business analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, management information systems, business, public policy, public administration or related field preferred. Appropriate educational substitutions may be made.
- Familiarity with process improvement strategies and workshop activities such as process mapping, root cause analysis, or value stream mapping.
- Experience providing in-person or virtual training on technical subject matter to groups of participants and developing written training materials and user guides.
- Knowledge of MS Office and GSuite.
- Ability to communicate complex technical ideas and concepts in plain language to stakeholders of diverse backgrounds and needs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Skill with working on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritizing tasks appropriately.
- Ability to build consensus among teams of diverse stakeholders, and to find paths forward in ambiguous situations.
- High computer literacy and ability to pick up new software and platforms quickly.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and focus on detail as required by the job.
Additional Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with the department’s existing suite of technologies (G-Suite, DocuSign, Adobe, Salesforce, Conga, Smartsheets, etc.).
- Familiarity with using business intelligence tools to construct performance management reports and dashboards.
Location: 12 Channel St. Boston, MA 02210 (options to work 1-2 days remote may be available)
BOSTON RESIDENCY REQUIRED.
To apply for this job please visit city-boston.icims.com.