As our Policy and Research Intern, you will work closely with our Policy and Research Manager and take on a wide array of responsibilities. You will conduct climate policy research, support the State Climate Policy Dashboard’s maintenance, and play a critical role in bringing new people into the state climate policy movement.
Policy and Research Intern
Conduct climate policy research
- Track state-level climate action across the country and help to maintain an inventory of state policy
- Research specific policy areas within climate policy, including industrial policy, agricultural policy, electricity policy, transportation policy, etc.
Support policy and research work
- Work with Policy and Research Manager to update the Dashboard as states enact climate policy
- Support ongoing climate policy research projects
Assist with membership management and outreach
- Reach out to key stakeholders and bringing them into the State Climate Policy Network
Relevant Experience, Skills
- Commitment to tackling the climate crisis in an equitable way
- Basic understanding of the climate landscape
- Ability to work remotely and be self-directed and organized
- Excellent written and interpersonal communications skills
- Flexible and able to tackle multiple assignments simultaneously
Applicants must meet MassCEC internship requirements. To participate in the Clean Energy Internship Program, a student must:
- Be a Massachusetts resident with proof of residency, OR
- Attend a college, university, or training program located in Massachusetts
In addition, eligible students must meet one (1) of the following:
- Students must have completed at least their freshman year of college (24 credits) the semester before the internship, or have graduated within the past year.
- Students who attend or attended a community college (or 2‐year Associate program) must have completed at least 24 credits.
- Graduate students must be currently enrolled in their program or have completed it within the last year.
- If a student has attended a training program, that program must have been completed within the last year.
Students who are not eligible:
- Law School students or PhD candidates
- Students who have been previously enrolled or matriculated in a PhD or EdD program
To apply for this job please visit climate-xchange.org.