Senior Sustainability Consultant
Dedicated to sustainable development, Arup is a collective of designers, consultants and experts working globally. Founded to be humane and excellent, we collaborate with our clients and partners using imagination, technology, and rigor to shape a better world.
We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable world. From climate action to social equity, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. Sustainable development is at the heart of everything we do, and this purpose shapes our culture and the focus of our leadership. We incorporate environmental and social benefits into our work with communities and clients. Arup offers a broad and deep range of climate and sustainability services, spanning from decarbonizing buildings and electrifying transport to improving climate resilience. You would be joining our multidisciplinary team focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that shape a better future for people and the planet.
Arup is seeking a Senior Sustainability Consultant to join its dynamic and growing team in Boston to lead and handle a wide array of sustainability projects. Our team works on projects like a new computing building for a University, developing carbon natural plans and targets for large technology clients, and a 2 million-square-foot development around Fenway Park. This role will be focused on existing and new building projects, conceptual energy, carbon, and sustainability advice for buildings, leading certification processes, and developing innovative design strategies to achieve a high level of building performance for environmental and human health outcomes.
This role requires a technical background and excellent interpersonal skills to lead projects, develop proposals, manage technical and financial performance, collaborate closely with clients, and develop original innovative approaches and solutions for projects. You should have experience delivering LEED-certified or other building certification projects and have an excellent understanding of building systems performance.
We are looking for someone who will have experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team and with a proven track record in leading buildings projects in the area of sustainability including:
- Conceptual design advice and defining sustainability goals and objectives for a project
- Low Energy and Carbon Neutral Design
- Health and wellness design strategies including healthier materials
- Rating system benefits and applications including administration and specification writing
- Sustainability master planning and capital planning
- Parametric modeling and optimization analysis
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Planning, Urban Design, Architecture, Engineering, or a closely related field
- Have 6 or more years of relevant work experience
- Be a creative, motivated, and technically-minded individual that is able to work both independently, with limited oversight, and seamlessly across a multi-disciplinary team
- Have project management experience including the management of sub-contractors
- Strong background and understanding of the codes and laws driving sustainability in Massachusetts generally, and specifically in Boston and Cambridge
- Have familiarity with sustainability rating systems especially LEED, WELL and Fitwel, GHG reporting protocols, energy and/or climate analysis software
- Be able to evaluate renewable energy options for projects and assessment of available incentive programs
- Experience communicating technical information to non-technical audiences
- Hold a CEM, PE, AIA and/or LEED accreditation
Benefits that Work – At Arup, we have a comprehensive and valuable benefits program that works for our employees and their families while keeping costs low. These benefits provide health and welfare security for you as well as paid time off for rest and renewal. Our Global Profit Share Plan (paid bi-annually) provides an opportunity for you to share in the success of the Firm. As a valued employee of Arup, you can also choose to participate in our 401(k) plan with up to 10% company match to help you save for your future.
Flexible Working – We believe that flexible arrangements create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people. Options for alternative schedules and the ability to work outside of the office for a portion of your workweek are available.
Arup is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of national origin, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or other status protected by law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.arup.com.