Sr. Research and Evaluation Analyst
Under the general direction of the Director or designee, the Sr. Research and Evaluation Analyst provides high-level and diverse project support and coordination of project activities on multiple projects undertaken with external client organizations. The Sr. Research and Evaluation Analyst will assist the Director in leading and documenting project activities and may lead sub-components of a project. The Sr. Research and Evaluation Analyst will develop and implement projects while adhering to UMMS’s Project Management guidelines.
• Lead the proposal development process (or a part of the process) to include maintaining deadlines, drafting sections of the proposal, and communicating with key personnel to ensure timely and accurate submissions.
• Support capture planning activities for business development process
• Develop new project plans or task plans. Responsible for drafting project schedule and budget for approval. Ensures that project execution is timely, successful, and meets expectations.
• Formulate project work plans by designing intervention procedures and implementation plans. Collaborates with senior project staff and other project team members in the design of project methods for analysis.
• Responsible for recruiting, screening, selecting, and evaluating terminating project participants for multiple projects.
• Collaborate with senior project staff in the development and coordination of all project related data collections methods (both quantitative and qualitative methods).
• Draft project statements in collaboration with project team members on data collection, project work plans, meetings, decisions, work change orders, project deliverables, progress reports, schedules, cost tracking reports, and other pertinent reports.
• Prepare material for project meetings, regulatory agency submissions, trainings and conferences.
• Design project-specific data collection tools for investigator and team review; present instrument and prepare follow-up modifications to instrument.
• Conduct or lead extensive library research on a variety of project-driven topics using relevant and varied databases, the internet, journals and texts; prepare detailed written summary of library research findings and analysis of project relevance for project team.
• Create communication plan regarding project or task’s status, budget, costs, issues, and related information to the project’s senior staff, project client, steering committee, affected business unit(s), and team members as appropriate.
• Provide direction and coaching to junior research staff, student interns, and temporary project support staff as necessary.
• Assist the Director or designee in the development of contracts (including contract negotiation) related to the project success.
• Perform data analysis, market research, and other tasks in support of project(s) and presents findings to senior staff.
• Extract results from large data analysis sets, summarize findings and incorporate pertinent information into project presentations.
• Participate in oral and written reporting and presentation of all project findings; participate in project status meetings and preparation of final project deliverables; lead sections of the presentation as appropriate
• Prepare ongoing summary reports of various data sources, and collaborate with senior project staff on data presentation, interpretation, and the writing of manuscripts for publication and grant/project proposals.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Master’s Degree in Public health, public policy, policy administration, education or related field or equivalent
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE
3 – 5 years of experience in project development and participation in public policy, health related research and evaluation, or other relevant projects.
Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work in groups.
Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills necessary to interact with all levels of clients and staff.
Demonstrated ability to work appropriately with confidential information.
Ability to work in/lead a team and meet performance deadlines in a dynamic environment
Demonstrated ability to use computer-based tools including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, database products, and Microsoft Office products.
To apply for this job please visit careers-umms.icims.com.