Black Male Advancement Fellow
Opportunity Posted On:
Company / Organization:
City of Boston
View Job:View Job Opportunity
The Mayor’s Office for Black Male Advancement (BMA) is seeking a Fellow. This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to learn more about how to support Black Male communities through assisting with the daily operations of Office of Black Male Advancement.
This role lives in the Equity and Inclusion Cabinet. Please read below to understand our larger vision.
Equity & Inclusion Cabinet Mission
The mission of the Equity and Inclusion Cabinet is to ensure that every resident has fair access to City resources and opportunities. We achieve this by embedding equity and inclusion into our current City practices, building our collective capacity on issues of racial and social justice, and fostering a more welcoming and accessible city.
The departments in the Equity and Inclusion Cabinet take an anti-poverty approach to their work, focusing on the following areas:
- Improving outcomes for BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, people of color) communities, in particular immigrants, women, and LGBTQ+ residents.
- Increasing access for people with disabilities and those who speak a language other than English.
- Eliminating barriers to fair housing and human rights.
This is not your typical 9-5 pm role. We are looking for folks that share our core values of people-first leadership, intentional strategy, and justice.
- Assist in creating posts for social media
- Assist in updating and maintaining BMA’s website
- Help design promotional materials, posters, flyers, website, social media posts, and other marketing materials as needed
- Support communications with Black male-serving media outlets in Boston
- Work closely with the Executive Director of Black Male Advancement to support communications strategy for BMA’s initiatives
- This role may collaborate with staff from the Equity and Inclusion Cabinet
Minimum Entrance Qualifications:
- Minimum education requirement of a high school diploma.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Proficiency with MS Applications and Google Suite strongly preferred.
- Experience using Zoom and video conferencing software.
- Highly organized and self-motivated, with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish, Haitian Creole, Cape Verdean Creole, Chinese or Vietnamese).
Boston Residency Required.