Skip to content
Apply

Project Manager, Boston Opportunity Agenda

  • Opportunity Posted On:

    05.07.2024

  • Company / Organization:

    Boston Opportunity Agenda

  • Location:

    Boston, MA

  • View Job:

    View Job Opportunity
  • Opportunity Description

     

    Position Summary:

     

    The Project Manager will support the implementation and management of projects across the Boston Opportunity Agenda scope of work, which includes projects focused on early childhood education through higher education and workforce development.  About 60% the of work will be coordination and facilitation of the Success Boston collective impact network, including the engagement of partnerships across the secondary and post-secondary initiatives.  The remaining 40% of the job will focus on developing and maintaining a pipeline for interns to support projects across the scope of BOA work and supporting the executive director with communications and business operations projects. This will likely be, at most, 2-3 interns/year. This role requires strong project and operational management skills, and a deep commitment and connection to communities that have been structurally and historically marginalized.

     

    Essential Functions:

     

    Success Boston:

    Manage and develop Success Boston (SB) collective impact network (“the network”) which provides resources and support in a learning community framework to local leaders providing students services supports;

    • Forge relationships and connections with current network members;
    • Identify opportunities for secondary and post-secondary systems supports and foster environments for aligned and coordinated work across partners;
    • In alignment with the SB strategic Plan:
      • Identify learning resources and policy updates to share regularly with the network;
      • Plan and coordinate all convenings of the SB network;
      • Facilitate or co-facilitate all convenings of the SB network; and
    • Serve as primary relationship manager and connector between the Success Boston network members and the Boston Opportunity Agenda leadership.

     

     

    Cradle to Career Pipeline:

     

    • Working collaboratively with TBF Human Resources develop an internship recruitment and placement system for BOA, aligning to the needs of projects as they develop across the organization’s scope, including support for data analysis, communications, and program research projects;
      • Work with the BOA team to assess intern needs;
      • Identify and outreach to potential intern sources as defined by the BOA team and partnership network;
      • Facilitate the on-boarding of interns with TBF HR;
    • Developing and stewarding external relationships, helping the Executive Director expand the reach and depth of connections with key partners and stakeholders;
    • Managing assigned projects over the full project pipeline from conception through to completion; and
    • Provide research, analysis, and communications supports as needed.

     

     

    Other Duties and Responsibilities:

     

    • Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.

     

     

    Qualifications:

     

    Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:

    • Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; and
    • 3 – 4 years of work experience managing projects with a diverse range of stakeholders.

    Skills, Abilities, Competencies:

    • Strong project management skills, with a proven ability to lead complex projects; including events planning;
    • Working with community-based partners and residents;
    • Knowledge of secondary and post-secondary student support services and systems;
    • Strong skills in relationship building and partnership development;
    • Strong facilitation skills;
    • Strong written and oral communications skills, including public speaking and presentation materials development;
    • Comfort and flexibility working across a wide range of issue areas;
    • Proficiency with data systems and tracking;
    • Ability to give and receive criticism constructively and meet tight deadlines under pressure;
    • Mature interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with a diverse range of people;
    • Flexible, collegial and supportive toward constituents and colleagues;
    • Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging;
    • Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and deadlines; and
    • Keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills.

     

     

    Working Conditions & Physical Demands:

     

    • Ability to work for long periods of time at a workstation;
    • Ability to use a computer monitor and keyboard for long periods of time; and
    • Ability to work onsite and remotely, as required.