Design your own PlusOne program by combining your undergraduate degree with a Master of Science in Urban and Regional Policy, Master of Science in Urban Informatics, or Master of Public Policy. Student Initiated PlusOne Programs require additional steps so please be sure to follow the outline on the this form.
Why might this be right for me?
There are three main reasons why this option might be right for you.
- Professionals who enter the workforce with graduate level experience are often more competitive.
- The PlusOne option makes financial sense. Up to 16 graduate credits will count toward the completion of your undergraduate and graduate degrees at no additional cost.
- The PlusOne program can accelerate the completion of a graduate degree. In most cases a PlusOne degree student can obtain both their undergraduate and graduate diplomas with only one additional year of study.
Am I eligible to Apply?
Applicants to the PlusOne can be from any major within the College of Social Sciences and Humanities. Applicants must have completed at least 64 credit hours in their degree with a QPA in their major of 3.50 or higher and an overall QPA of at least 3.33.
When do I Apply?
You should apply prior to the start of your junior year to maximize the number of PlusOne graduate credits you are eligible for.
How do I Apply?
- Review the guidelines for PlusOne programs.
- Arrange a meeting with your CSSH undergraduate advisor to begin planning the PlusOne undergraduate curriculum. Click here for the list of advisors. As you and your undergraduate advisor plan the curriculum, remember that all undergraduate degree requirements must be met before the end of your last undergraduate year and up to sixteen graduate credit hours may double-count toward both the undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- Arrange a meeting with the Undergraduate Program Director for your major to discuss your plan for completing the undergraduate requirements. (In the case of combined majors, you must meet with both directors.) The Undergraduate Program Director(s) must confirm approval of the proposed program by signing the PlusOne Approval Request Form.
- Arrange a meeting with the Graduate Program Director of the Master’s program into which you seek admission to discuss a curriculum plan to meet the Master’s degree requirements. The Graduate Program Director must confirm approval of the proposed program by signing the PlusOne Approval Request Form. Click here for a list of directors.
- Meet once more with your undergraduate advisor to finalize the program, taking into account any amendments determined in consultation with the Undergraduate Program Director and Graduate Program Director. At the conclusion of this meeting, your advisor should sign the PlusOne Approval Request Form to indicate approval of the program as proposed.
- Visit the Graduate Office, 180RP, to submit this form and to learn how to apply to the Master’s program.
- Submit a copy of the form to your undergraduate advisor who will facilitate review through the appropriate committees.
Want more information?
For more information, please contact your undergraduate academic advisor, the graduate program director, or the graduate program administrator. They will be able to give you more details about the program and help determine if this program is right for you. You can also email email@example.com.