- Rivalry in Eurasia: Russia, the United States, and the War on Terrorism (San Diego,CA: Praeger/ABC-Clio, 2009)
- Slovakia Since Independence: The Struggle for Democracy (Westport, Conn.: Praeger – Greenwood, 1998).
- Revolution and Change in Central and Eastern Europe: Political, Economic, and Social Challenges(Armonk, New York.: M. E. Sharpe, 1997).
- Russia, the Eurasian Republics, and Central Eastern Europe, formerly titled The Soviet Union and Eastern Europe (Guilford,Conn.: The Dushkin Publishing Group, First Edition, 1986, Second Edition, 1988, Third Edition, 1990, Fourth Edition, June, 1992, Fifth Edition, June, 1994; sixth edition, August, 1996; seventh edition, July, 1998); (McGraw-Hill Dushkin: eighth edition, July, 2000; ninth edition, July, 2002); Tenth Edition March, 2005).
- “President Bush and the Collapse of Communist Rule inPoland: The Search for Policy in 1989-1990” in William Levantrosser and Rosanna Perotti (eds.), A Noble Calling: Character and the George H. W. Bush Presidency (Westport CT: Praeger, 2004), Chapter 9, pp. 275-295
- “Roots and Causes of the Division of Czechoslovakia” in John Morison (ed.), Ethnic and National Issues in Russian and East European History (London: Macmillan, 2000).
- “President Bush and the Collapse of Communist Rule in Poland1989-1990: The Search for Policy” in William F. Levantrosser (ed). The Bush Administration: Domestic and Foreign Policies in Perspective (Westport,Conn.: Greenwood Publishing Group Inc., 2004).
- “United States Policy and Soviet Jewish Emigration from Nixon to Bush” in Yaacov Ro’i (ed.), Jews and Jewish Life in Russia and the Soviet Union (London: Frank Cass, 1995), pp. 338-363.
- “Polish Policy Toward Ukraine: The Impact on Polish-Russian Relations in 2008-2009.” The Polish Review, Vol. LIV, No. 4 (2009), pp. 451-476.
- “Polish-Russian Relations and the 2004 Ukrainian Presidential Election,” East European Quarterly , Vol. XL, No. 4 (December, 2006).
AWARDS AND HONORS
Northeastern University “Excellence in Teaching” Award, 1991