External applicants must submit applications to both the School of Criminology and Criminal Justice and the School of Law. Internal applicants from either the School of Criminology and Criminal Justice or the School of Law can apply for the joint degree during the first year.
- Application (ApplyYourself Online Application)
- Application fee
- A statement of the candidate’s current research interests or areas of interest in the field of Criminology and Law. This statement should outline these areas of interest, describe the candidate’s current understanding of the interest area, and identify ways the candidate would like to deepen her/his understanding of these issues
- Three letters of reference (at least two of which must be from academic references)
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Our GRE institution code is 3682 (please note GRE scores are only valid for five years)
- Law School Admission Test (LSAT)
- Writing sample
- International applicants must also submit TOEFL scores and translated transcripts
For questions about curriculum, deadlines, or application materials, please contact Jennifer Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.373.8849.