What Are the Goals of the CSSH NUin Mentoring Program?
N.U.in Mentors serve as a key contact for CSSH N.U.in students while they are abroad during their first semester. The goal of the N.U.in Mentor Program is to help N.U.in students form a connection with the College of Social Sciences & Humanities before they arrive on campus in January. CSSH N.U.in Mentors communicate and meet virtually with Fall 2019 N.U.in students throughout the semester and discuss topics such as academic engagement, registration, and transition to Boston.
What Are the Expectations of the Fall 2019 NUin Mentors?
- Attend mandatory virtual N.U.in mentor training (date TBD)
- Optional opportunity to meet and interact with incoming students during their summer Pre-Departure Orientation sessions (more information and sign-ups will be emailed in mid-May)
- Schedule 4-5 virtual meetings (one-on-one or group conferences) with assigned N.U.in mentees to discuss topics including academic engagement, student involvement
- Facilitate activities designed to connect students to CSSH, the larger Northeastern community, and support the students’ transition to the Boston campus
- Check in with mentees every 2-3 weeks via email throughout the semester
- Meet regularly with CSSH Coordinator of Undergraduate Student Engagement to plan activities and discuss students’ progress abroad
- If in classes in Spring 2020, optional opportunity to attend college-wide welcome event to meet mentees in person and welcome them to campus
CSSH NUin Mentor Applications will open in late March.
Who Do I Contact If I Have Questions?
If you have any questions about the CSSH NUin Mentoring program or application please email Michaela Modica at email@example.com.