What Are the Goals of the CSSH NUin Mentoring Program?
N.U.in Mentors serve as a key contact for CSSH N.U.in students while they are abroad during their first semester. The goal of the N.U.in Mentor Program is to help N.U.in students form a connection with the College of Social Sciences & Humanities before they arrive on campus in January. CSSH N.U.in Mentors communicate and meet virtually with Fall 2020 N.U.in students throughout the semester and discuss topics such as academic engagement, registration, and transition to Boston.
What Are the Expectations of the Fall 2020 NUin Mentors?
- Attend mandatory virtual N.U.in mentor training on Wednesday, April 15th from 3-5pm
- Opportunity to meet and interact with incoming students during their summer Pre-Departure Orientation sessions
- Schedule 4 virtual meetings (one-on-one or group conferences) with assigned N.U.in mentees to discuss topics including academic engagement, student involvement, course registration, and transition to Boston
- Facilitate activities designed to connect students to CSSH, the larger Northeastern community, and support the students’ transition to the Boston campus
- Check in with mentees every 2-3 weeks virtually throughout the semester
- Attend scheduled Meeting Topic Trainings throughout semester to review meeting content, plan activities, and discuss mentees’ progress abroad. Meeting Topic Trainings will be held in the evening on the following dates (exact time and location TBD):
- Wednesday, September 23rd
- Wednesday, October 28th
- Complete end of semester program evaluation survey
- If in classes in Spring 2021, opportunity to continue on as a department peer mentor or INSH1000 Teaching Assistant
Who is eligible to apply to be a Fall 2020 NUin Mentor?
Rising second year through senior CSSH students are eligible to apply to be NUin mentors. We welcome applications from students in classes on Northeastern’s Boston campus, in classes abroad, or on local or global co-op. While we love to see applications from former NUin students, prior participation in the NUin program is not a requirement for NUin mentor eligibility.
Who Do I Contact If I Have Questions?
If you have any questions about the CSSH NUin Mentoring program or application please email Michaela Modica at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CSSH NUin Mentor Applications are now closed. Check back next March for Fall 2021 NUin Mentor applications!