A panel of Northeastern alumni and colleagues discusses misconceptions of Deafness and disability in society as well as efforts to address these misconceptions, unpacking concepts of ableism and audism from an intersectional lens.
- Date: Thursday, February 3, 2022 at 3:00 pm
- Sari Altschuler – Associate Professor of English
- Joseph Murray (BA, Political Science `95) – Professor of American Sign Language and Deaf Studies, Gallaudet University, and President of the World Federation of the Deaf
- Tracy Robinson-Wood – Professor of Counseling Psychology, Bouvé College of Health Sciences
- Opeoluwa Sotonwa (DLP `18) – Commissioner, Massachusetts Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Lori Whynot – Director, American Sign Language and Interpreting Education Program