CSSH provides students with an array of research opportunities at every stage of their academic careers.
These opportunities include:
- The Undergraduate Research Initiative, which funds student research and creative activity in collaboration with faculty members;
- The CSSH Undergraduate Research Forum, at which students present their original research to peers and faculty;
- Undergraduate research practica, in which students early in their career develop their research skills under the supervision of a faculty member;
- Research-based co-ops, in which students develop their research skills in workplace settings;
- Honors Junior/Senior Projects, in which Honors students carry out independent research projects of significant scope; and
- Honors in the Major, in which students complete a CSSH honors research project.