Kosciuszko Foundation Visiting Fellow, Philosophy & Religion
Rafal Urbaniak obtained his PhD in Philosophy from the University of Calgary. He’s been a British Academy Visiting Fellow, a Trinity College Long Room Hub Visiting Fellow, and a Postdoctoral Fellow of Research Foundation Flanders. Now he is an associate professor at the University of Gdansk, running a National Science Centre project of legal probabilism. He is a co-author of the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy entry on legal probabilism.
Rafal Urbaniak is interested in applications of formal (esp. probabilistic) methods to philosophical and social problems, such as those related to legal applications of probabilistic methods, algorithmic fairness and formal epistemology.
- Rafal Urbaniak and Gillman Payette, editors. Applications of Formal Philosophy. The Road Less Travelled.
- Rafal Urbaniak. Slightly irresponsible and biased introduction to analytic philosophy [in Polish].
- Rafal Urbaniak. Le´sniewski’s systems of logic and foundations of mathematics. Springer, 2013
- 2022 Bednarowski Trust Fellow, University of Edinburgh
- 2021 Kosciuszko Foundation Fellow, Northeastern University, Boston
- 2017-2021 Principal Investigator in a National Science Center project, University of Gdansk
- 2012 Trinity College Long Room Hub Visiting Fellow, Trinity College Dublin
- 2011-2012 Visiting Fellow, Benares Hindu University, Varanasi
- 2009 British Academy Visiting Fellow, Bristol University
Related Schools & Departments
Ph.D. in Philosophy, University of Calgary, Canada
Associate Professor of Philosophy
Professor of Religion; Dean's Leadership Fellow
Professor of Philosophy and Business; Lecturer, Law and Public Policy
M. Whitney Kelting
Associate Professor of Religious Studies
Associate Professor of Religious Studies; Undergraduate Program Director (Religious Studies)
Distinguished Professor of Philosophy; Chair, Department of Philosophy and Religion
Professor of Philosophy; Director, Ethics Institute
Associate Professor of Philosophy; Ronald L. and Linda A. Rossetti Professor for the Humanities; Undergraduate Program Director (Philosophy)
Associate Teaching Professor of Religion
Associate Professor of Philosophy and Political Science
Distinguished Professor of Philosophy
Associate Teaching Professor of Philosophy