Faculty Fellowship Application
We are no longer accepting applications.
The Humanities Center Fellowship program brings together scholars from varied disciplines to work on individual projects around a common theme. The program provides a focused period of time for fellows to pursue research, to collaborate with one another, and to share their work with the Northeastern community.
Fellowship support includes:
- One course release to enable research and participation (funded by the applicant’s home College);
- Release from most departmental service for pre-tenure faculty during the fellowship period;
- Access to Humanities Center resources, including staff support.
Fellowship activities include:
- Bi-weekly meetings of Fellows;
- Research presentations to the Northeastern community in the Faculty Works-in-Progress Series;
- End-of-year summit.
Applications must include:
- Abstract of project (approximately 100 words);
- Narrative (two pages) that addresses the way in which the project connects with the Humanities Center’s mission and the Fellowship’s annual theme;
- Short CV (two pages);
- A sentence approving course release from unit head should application be successful;
- Letter acknowledging support for a course buyout from the Dean of the College, if the faculty member’s home College is not the College of Social Sciences and Humanities.
We welcome applications from tenured, tenure-track, research, and clinical faculty from all Northeastern colleges. Please note that non-CSSH faculty must have approval from the faculty member’s Dean and Unit Head(s) acknowledging that the College of your tenure home will support a course buy-out. Previous Resident Fellows may reapply after six years.
Please note that fellows meet on Thursdays from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. and must arrange their teaching schedules to accommodate these bi-monthly meetings.
The Humanities Center Board expects to provide notification of awards by February.