Faculty Fellowship Application
We are no longer accepting applications at this time. Please check back in the fall for the next call for applications.
The Humanities Center Fellowship program brings together scholars from varied disciplines to work on projects around a common theme. The program provides a focused period of time for Fellows to pursue research, to collaborate with one another, and to share their work with the Northeastern community.
Fellowship support includes:
- One course release to enable research and participation (funded by the applicant’s home College);
- Release from most departmental service for pre-tenure faculty during the fellowship period;
- Access to Humanities Center resources, including staff support.
Fellowship activities include:
- Bi-weekly meetings of Fellows;
- Research presentations to the Northeastern community;
- End-of-year summit.
Applications must include:
- Abstract of project (approximately 100 words);
- Narrative (two pages) that addresses the way in which the project connects with the Humanities Center’s mission and the Fellowship’s annual theme;
- Short CV (two pages);
- Statement approving application from unit head;
- Letter acknowledging support for a course buyout from the Dean of the College, if the faculty member’s home College is not the College of Social Sciences and Humanities.
We welcome applications from tenured, tenure-track, research, and clinical faculty from all Northeastern colleges. Please note that non-CSSH faculty must have approval from the faculty member’s Dean and Unit Head(s) acknowledging that the College of your tenure home will support a course buy-out. Previous Resident Fellows may reapply after six years.
Please note that fellows meet on Thursdays from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. and must arrange their teaching schedules to accommodate these bi-monthly meetings.
The Humanities Center Board expects to provide notification of awards by February. Feel free to contact Lori Lefkovitz, Director of the Humanities Center with any questions at email@example.com.