The Writing Center hosts outreach events that get our campus involved in writing. These include:
- One Day, One Goal: a 5-hour write-in event, traditionally held at the end of each semester. During One Day, One Goal, we provide a space and food for the NU community to come in and write!
- National Day on Writing: every October, we participate with the National Council of Teachers of English to generate local conversations about #whyiwrite
- Orientations: You’ll occasionally see us orientation events where we’ll tell you all about our friendly services.
We also provide workshops on specific aspects of the writing process. Some of these workshops are designed in collaboration with Northeastern faculty, offices, and student groups. Past workshops have included:
- Peer Review Workshops
- Literature Reviews
- Updating your Resume
- Writing Professional Emails
- Goal-Setting for your Thesis/Dissertation
Contact our administrative team to request a workshop! While we try to accommodate a variety of workshops each semester, we may not be able to meet all requests due to limited staffing.