Join for Summer and Fall 2020!
CSSH Circle is a community within the college for incoming international students to meet other new students along with continuing students. This summer a new program is being launched and you are invited to apply to be an inaugural student leader.
Grow Your Guanxi!
Peer Connections: You will be teamed up with 1 or 2 incoming CSSH international students from China. During July and August you will connect virtually using social media and email to exchange culture and language. It will be a time to share your experience at Northeastern, College of Social Sciences of Humanities, Boston and more.
Expectations as a Peer Connections Mentor
- Be teamed with 1 or 2 incoming international students from China
- Be able to dedicate about 1 hour per week during the rest of August and into the fall
- Be engaged in weekly learning and discussion through WeChat, other social media and / or Canvas
- Produce a deliverable such as an online journal, blog or video
- Bring enthusiasm, questions and ideas
Benefits – By participating you will be able to achieve the following
- Exchange culture, language and ideas with your team
- Learn more about Chinese culture and language
- Experience immersion without the need for traveling
- Provide insights about how to be even more successful while studying at an American university
- Understand different worldviews and perspectives by interacting with native Chinese speakers through social media such as WeChat
- Share how to get involved socially at Northeastern
- Form new friendships with fellow Northeastern students
- Earn a Certificate of Appreciation and token of appreciation
- Enhance SAIL: Global Mindset
Time Frame: August through December – consistent contact with your team throughout the semester with the minimum being at least once a week.
Application (plan to spend about 10 minutes)
Questions? Email Justin Repici, Academic Advisor and Program Coordinator, email@example.com