Located within academic departments, CSSH Peer Mentors are upperclass students who work with 5-10 incoming first-year students within their majors. Each department’s peer mentoring program looks a bit different, but the goals are the same:
- Helping first-year students and transfer students feel connected to their departments
- Providing peer support during a student’s first and second semester on campus
- Easing new students’ transition to college life through peer guidance
- Introducing and helping new students to navigate opportunities on campus and in Boston
- Building department and college community
- Providing examples of curricular, extracurricular, and experiential learning pathways by sharing your experiences
Applications for fall 2016 CSSH Peer Mentors will be open until Sunday, May 1 at 11:59pm.
*Note: Only apply to be a mentor in one department. If you have a combined major or second major and you are not selected to be a peer mentor for the department you apply for, we can send your application to another department (pending their application need).
Apply to be a Human Services Peer Mentor here!