Apply to be a CSSH peer mentor during the Fall 2017 semester!
Peer Mentor Expectations:
As a peer mentor, you will be expected to do the following for 4-8 incoming students who are starting at Northeastern in the fall 2017 semester:
- Optional opportunities to meet and interact with incoming students during a June, July, and/or August Orientation session (more information and sign-ups will be emailed in May)
- Attend mandatory college-wide peer mentor training held the morning of September 5th
- Attend “Welcome Week” program/department breakout session held the afternoon of September 5th
- Attend program/department 1000 course when invited by the instructor (the day/time of this course is listed in the application below)
- Invite and accompany your mentees to the “Experiential Liberal Arts Photo Contest” reception held the afternoon of September 21st
- Invite and accompany your mentees to one CSSH affiliated student club/organization meeting or event before late October
- Invite and accompany your mentees to at least one CSSH event and one university-wide event throughout the fall term (CSSH alumni engagement events are highly encouraged)
- Pass along information about events to your mentees, trying to accompany them when possible (examples: lectures, fairs, etc)
- Check-in with mentees individually or as a group every two weeks via in-person meeting, text, or email
- Optional opportunities to meet and interact with undeclared majors or students switching from another major
- Whether graduating after the fall, going on co-op in spring, studying abroad in spring, or taking classes in spring, we hope fall peer mentors can maintain connection with their mentees by checking in with them every three weeks via in-person meeting, text, or email. We also hope they can invite and accompany students to the CSSH Research Forum traditionally held in late March.
To apply click here.