The First–Time Traveler Grant is a grant for students embarking on their first Northeastern Global Experience program. There are two versions of this grant:
- First-Time Traveler Grant: For any student who has not yet participated in a global experience through the Global Experience Office.
- First-Time Traveler Grant – NU Network: For students going to an NU Network location (see eligibility requirements) and have not yet participated in a global experience through the Global Experience Office.
To apply for this grant, simply complete the regular Global Experience Grant application and check the box at the end to be considered.
You must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the First-Time Traveler Grant:
- Apply for the Global Experience Grant (and meet all Global Experience Grant terms)
- Have not participated in any Global Experience programs previously
the First-Time Traveler Grant – NU Network is available to students entering a Global Experience program in the following locations:
- New College of Humanities (London, UK)
- The Roux Institute (Portland, ME)
Northeastern campuses in:
- San Jose, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- Charlotte, NC
- Seattle, WA
- Toronto, Canada
To be considered for either of the First-Time Traveler Grants, simply check the box at the end of your Global Experience Grant application to confirm that you have never participated in a Global Experience program before. By doing so, you will automatically be considered for one or both grants, depending on the location of your Global Experience program.
Amounts, Dates, and Deadlines:
- Award amount: $3500
- Applications open: January 5, 2021
- Applications close: April 12, 2021
- Decision date: April 22, 2021