This discussion will bring local experts together to highlight and explore questions related to federal and state immigration policies and more.
Time: 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Location: WeWork Workspace 625 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02139
Sponsored By: Foreign Policy for America
More Information: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/massachusetts-and-immigration-a-panel-on-immigration-policy-and-our-values-tickets-46812185507
Please join the Boston Chapter of Foreign Policy for America for a conversation on:
Massachusetts and Immigration: A panel discussion on immigration policy and our values
- Falah Hashem, the Chief of Staff in the Massachusetts Office for Refugees and Immigrants
- Mayuri Anupindi, the Senior Program Leader for Rights at Risk at the Unitarian Universalist Service Committee
- Aseel Sharif, Iraqi refugee, Recruitment Manager at Year Up
This discussion will bring local experts together to highlight and explore questions related to federal and state immigration policies, the status of refugees in Massachusetts, and what can we expect in the months ahead, including:
- What is the latest with the Administration’s policies on DACA and how are Massachusetts DREAMERS being affected?
- What are the policies in place in Massachusetts to protect undocumented migrants and other refugees in the state?
- What can average citizens do to stay informed and involved in helping DREAMERS and to advocate for fair and just immigration policies in the state and in our country?
- How is the current debate about immigration in the United States rooted in our nation’s past?
Please come with questions for the panelists!
This free event is sponsored by Foreign Policy for America – a bipartisan organization founded last year to strengthen the domestic constituency for strong, principled foreign policy. FP4A was created to reaffirm the importance of American global leadership and to preserve America’s historic role as a beacon to the world. For more information, and to become a member, please visit: https://www.fp4america.org/.