Time: 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Location: 909 Renaissance Park
The College of Social Sciences and Humanities Undergraduate Research Committee invites CSSH students to attend an informal workshop on undergraduate research. The session is designed for students who are considering undertaking a research project and want to learn more about the process and students who are preparing research proposals for the college’s Undergraduate Research Initiative, the Provost’s Undergraduate Research and Creative Endeavors grant, both of which have an October 31 deadline. Students in the latter category are invited to bring drafts of their proposals to workshop.
Led by Professor Erika Boeckeler in English, Professor Amy Farrell in Criminology, Professor and Associate Dean Chris Gallagher, Professor Chris Parsons in History, and Professor Liza Weinstein in Sociology, this workshop will:
· overview the research opportunities available to students in the college;
· provide practical advice for writing research proposals;
· share examples of successful student proposals;
· answer questions students have about proposal writing, framing research questions, describing methods and methodologies, etc.; and
· provide an opportunity to receive feedback on ideas and drafts.
In order to ensure that there is enough pizza for everyone, students should RSVP HERE by October 17th.