We are delighted to announce that the NULab’s 2020 annual report has been released. Read the full report here.
Despite challenges, the NULab had a productive year of collaborative research. Some highlights from 2020 include:
- Over 20 events, including a robust calendar of remote events. We were able to virtually welcome speakers from a wide range of departments at Northeastern, other Boston-area universities, and internationally. We also co-sponsored five events on the theme of misinformation in partnership with the Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics and Public Policy at Harvard University. A full listing of events is included in the appendix to this report.
- We awarded 9 NULab seedling grants, totalling $23,000 in funding. A full listing of grants is included in the appendix to this report.
- NULab faculty published over 75 works, including four books and six publications that study the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Notably, significant portions of this research were collaborative and cross disciplinary: many of these works are co-authored, including across disciplinary boundaries. A full listing of publications is included in the appendix to this report.
- Our faculty produced 52 external grant proposals in 2020. This year, faculty have held 20 grants and 30 are still pending.
- We expanded the Digital Integration Teaching Initiative (launched in 2018) to cover 59 courses taught by 44 faculty members, working with more than 1,350 students in 93 class visits. We also developed asynchronous modules and strengthened our partnerships with the University Library and the Boston Area Research Initiative (BARI).
Looking forward to 2021, we are excited to continue with our interdisciplinary research, teaching, and community-building! We hope that you will engage with the NULab, through both our online upcoming events as well as with our online resources and projects. Our warmest wishes for a healthy and safe year!