ENGW 1102 is designed for students whose first or strongest language is not English. The course parallels ENGW 1111 but focuses on the concerns of multilingual writers.
Why might a multilingual student choose ENGW 1102 instead of ENGW 1111?
- Offers more one-on-one attention because of smaller class size (15 students in 1102 vs. 19 students in 1111);
- Offers a community in which multilingual students often feel more comfortable participating in class;
- Offers pacing designed to meet the needs of multilingual writers;
- Often includes cultural introductions to pop-culture, humor, and contemporary events;
- Often provides closer attention to specific language use and vocabulary.
Type of Program
Individual Writing Support