Scout Labs is currently accepting applications from undergraduate students to join our Spring 2020 Team!
All team applications close on Sunday, November 3rd 11:59pm EST
Scout is unique in that it is entirely student-run, yet runs very similarly to a real design business. As a student-led program focused on educating its members, Scout presents the opportunity for you to learn by trying, failing, and eventually accomplishing, all in a tight-knit community where work ethic and curiosity are valued higher than intelligence and talent. So if you’re ready to work your butt off, eager to learn from others, and excited to collaborate with equally enthusiastic students, you’ve found the right place.
More information here
Labs is a 7-person social innovation design team and the most interdisciplinary team within Scout. This year, they are working in partnership with the City of Boston Mayor’s Office of New Urban Mechanics on a research and design project about supporting youth civic action within Boston Public Schools. They’re looking for enthusiastic creative thinkers from all fields of study — no design experience required.
Applicants must be enrolled in classes and able to commit 10 hrs/wk while serving as a member of Scout Labs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
● Work with the City of Boston Mayor’s Office of New Urban Mechanics on a civic research and design project, using a human-centered design process to develop creative solutions for our project focus
● Conduct qualitative research on the project focus through observing, surveying, and interviewing relevant stakeholders, including community members and subject matter experts
● Conduct literature review of existing research surrounding the project focus to develop a deep understanding of the subject matter
● Develop partnerships with university students, alumni, faculty, and staff with working knowledge of the project focus
● Collaboratively ideate, design, and test potential solutions to the project focus
● Implement and measure the performance of the proposed solution
● Work across interdisciplinary facets of design, development, and strategy with an openness to learning new skills and sharing your own expertise