- Students must have at least 64 credits and have a class standing of Junior or Senior to enroll in an AWD class.
- Registration may be restricted based upon student’s College enrollment.
- Students wishing to register who do not meet the below requirements must contact the English department.
- You may take AWD any time after earning 64 credits. Ideally, you have completed at least one co-op. We do not recommend taking AWD in your final semester at NU.
- Only you know the demands of your co-op job, but there are no restrictions to prevent you from taking AWD while working.
- In rare instances, students will be given permission to take a class in a discipline other than in their major/college. To request an override, please email the AWD Director and explain your reason along with specific classes and co-ops. If you have extensive coursework and co-op experiences in this other field, we will consider it. Please note that we do not grant overrides just because a class better fits into your schedule.
- NU does not accept transfer credit for AWD.
Type of Program