Interpreting Club at Northeastern University
The Interpreting Club at Northeastern University (ICNU) encourages students learning American Sign Language to connect and form relationships in order to learn about the interpreting profession, hone their skills, and grow as interpreters.
Weekly meetings allow students to participate in workshops, attend guest lectures, and socialize with fellow students as well as members of the Deaf and interpreting communities. In addition, ICNU hosts events in students learning American Sign Language from a variety of diverse backgrounds can come together to support and inspire one another.
To connect with the Interpreting Club at Northeastern, please send an email to Interpretingclub@gmail.com or check out their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/NortheasternICNU/.
The current ICNU Executive Board:
- President: Mohamed Abanoor (he/him/his), Sophomore: Criminal Justice & Political Science (combined major)
- Vice President: Erin Rosenfeld (she/her/hers), Junior: ASL/Theatre (combined major)
- Secretary: Lynsey Lawrence (she/her/hers), Sophomore: Criminal Justice & Psychology and ASL & Linguistics (double combined major)
- Treasurer: Karl Adrianza (he/him/his), Junior: ASL/Psychology (combined major)
- PR/Communications: Chantel Haigler (she/her/hers/they/them/theirs), Junior: ASL–English Interpreting