The PlusOne Accelerated Master’s Program provides students with the opportunity to start earning a master’s degree while pursuing undergraduate education. Northeastern undergraduates of any major can complete up to 16 graduate credits during their junior and senior years and apply those credits toward both a bachelor’s and a master’s degree.
Why might this be right for me?
- Professionals who enter the workforce with graduate level experience are often more competitive.
- The PlusOne option makes financial sense. Up to 16 graduate credits will count toward the completion of your undergraduate and graduate degrees at no additional cost.
- The PlusOne program can accelerate the completion of a graduate degree. In most cases a PlusOne degree student can obtain both their undergraduate and graduate diplomas with only one additional year of study.
How do I Apply?
- Make an appointment with your Undergraduate Academic Advisor to discuss your PlusOne interest.
- If the advisor determines that you are eligible, make an appointment with English’s Graduate Program Director or Graduate Program Administrator about program fit and graduate course offerings.
- Follow up with your Undergraduate Academic Advisor who will submit a PlusOne Application on your behalf.
- Processing time may vary, depending on the time of application submission. If you want to know the status of your PlusOne application, contact the Graduate School of Social Sciences and Humanities Admissions Office. Be sure to specify that you are inquiring about a PlusOne application.
Interested students should apply prior to the start of your junior year. It’s never too early to begin talking to your advisor.
- Candidates should register for ENGL 5103 Proseminar in the first semester of the PlusOne program; this course may be used to fulfill the Theories & Methods requirement in the undergraduate English major.
- The remaining three graduate courses may be used to fulfill other undergraduate major requirements, including the Capstone requirement, the Literary Periods requirements, the Comparative requirements, and the English electives requirement, as appropriate; Candidates will consult the Undergraduate and Graduate Program Directors in arriving at a plan for completing the B.A. requirements through graduate coursework.