Can’t find what you’re looking for? Please contact the department Graduate Office for assistance.
2020-2021 MA Guide and Degree Checklists
Please select ONE checklist for your annual review meeting with your advisor depending on which pathway you are currently pursuing. These forms now have fillable fields:
2020-2021 PhD Guide and Degree Checklists
Please select ONE checklist for your annual review meeting with your advisor depending on your matriculation year. These forms now have fillable fields.
Advanced Entry Checklists (entered the Ph.D. program with the M.A. in English or equivalent):
- Fall 2021 Matriculation – Adv Entry PhD Checklist
- Fall 2019 or Fall 2020 Matriculation – Adv Entry PhD Checklist
- Fall 2018 or Earlier Matriculation – Adv Entry PhD Checklist
Standard Entry Checklists (entered the Ph.D. program with the B.A. in English or equivalent):
Program Forms and Documents
- Accomplishment Form
- Annual Review Form
- General Petition Form
- Graduate Essay Contest Form (wait for announcement)
- Petition to Audit Form
- Teaching Practicum Application Form
- Teaching Practicum Description Form
- Health forms, including the Medical Leave of Absence Form and University Health Report
- Information regarding additional forms, including Leave of Absence, Transfer Credit Form, and Directed Study.
- Comprehensive Exam Plan Form
- Comprehensive Exam Results Form – bring to your oral examination.
- Doctoral Student Travel Reimbursement Request Form
- Doctoral Student Research Reimbursement Request Form
- Expense Voucher Reimbursement Form – for details about when and how to use this form, please see the “Doctoral Student Travel” section of the PhD Guide.
- Field and Focus FAQs
- Prospectus Approval Form
- Supplemental SGA Approval Form – Once you have obtained your supervisor’s signature, please forward this form to firstname.lastname@example.org for further approvals. Students will be notified when the submitted online form has been fully processed.
CSSH and University Quick Links
Click here for Northeastern’s dedicated webpage for coronavirus updates.
- CSSH Guide to the Preparation of Theses and Dissertations
- General Regulations – The general regulations booklet reviews the minimum academic requirements established by the University and the CSSH Graduate Office. This booklet is updated annually.
- Graduate Catalog – The academic catalog details administrative policies (including the Academic Probation Policy), academic curricula, and course descriptions.
- Center for Financial Independence
- Dolce Center for the Advancement of Veterans and Servicemembers (CAVS)
- Employer Engagement and Career Design Office
- Graduate Ombuds
- LGBTQA Resource Center
- Off Campus Housing and Support Services
- PhD Network
- Snell Library
- Student Employment Office
- Student Financial Services
- Student Life website – this is a comprehensive resource linking to resource offices across the University, such as the Center for Intercultural Engagement; Center for Spirituality, Dialogue, & Service; Disability Resource Center (DRC); Housing & Residence Life; Northeastern University Student Health Plan (NUSHP); Office of Global Services; Social Justice Resource Center; and University Health and Counseling Services (UHCS).
English Department Quick Links
Department of English SharePoint site – Access department calendars and shared documents not available for public view on the website.
Click the “Graduate Student Resources” library on the left menu for resources such as:
- Sample Field and Focus papers
- Sample prospectuses
- Language exam examples
- GSC workshop recordings and related documents
Find the latest Placement Office resources in the Fall 2020 Workshop folder.
Click here for FAQs about registration, student services, curricular requirements, and more.
Have a question for department staff, but not sure who to direct the inquiry to? Consider consulting our Office Staff Responsibilities infographic and our Resources infographic for interactive tips on popular support areas.
Click here for the NU English Grad Student Connections Facebook Group. Incoming or current students can request to join.
Click here for more information about job search resources, including information about the Placement Office and university services and programming supporting alt-ac career pathways.
Click here for FAQs about registration, orientation, tuition and fees, SGAs, health care, and on-campus employment.
Click here for information about fellowship opportunities, summer institutes, ENGL 8407 Teaching Practicum, and other professionalization resources.