Muhammad Noor E Alam
Assistant Professor of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
College of Social Sciences and Humanities, College of Engineering
Muhammad Noor E Alam is the director of Decision Analytics Lab at Northeastern University. Dr. Alam is also a faculty associate at Centre for Health Policy and Healthcare Research and an aﬃliated faculty both at Global Resilience Institute, and School of Public Policy and Urban Affairs. Prior to his current role, he was a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He has completed his PhD in Engineering Management in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Alberta (UofA) in 2013. His current research interests lie in the intersection of operations research, artificial intelligence and big-data analytics, particularly as applied to healthcare, manufacturing systems, energy and supply chain. He is currently serving as a board of director for IISE Logistics and Supply Chain division.
Analytics Best Track Paper Award, 2016 IEOM Detroit Conference
Postdoctoral Fellowship, Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada, 2013-2015
Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Scholarship, 2009-2011
- S. Morshed, Md Saiful Islam and Md. Noor-E-Alam, “Accelerated Sampling Kaczmarz Motzkin Algorithm for Linear Feasibility Problem”, Journal of Global Optimization, 2019. doi.org/10.1007/s10898-019-00850-6
- S. Morshed and Md. Noor-E-Alam, “Generalized Aﬃne Scaling Algorithms for Linear Programming Problems”, Computers & Operations Research, 2019. doi.org/10.1016/j.cor.2019.104807
- Md Saiful Islam, M. S. Morshed, Gary Young and Md. Noor-E-Alam, “Robust policy evaluation from large-scale observational studies”, PLoS ONE 14(10), 2019: e0223360. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0223360
- Richard Paulsen, Alicia Sasser Modestino, Md Mahmudul Hasan, Md. Noor-E-Alam, Leonard Young and Gary Young, “Patterns of Buprenorphine/Naloxone Prescribing: An Analysis of Claims Data from”, The American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse, forthcoming, 2019.
- Dizuo Jiang, Tasnim Ibn Faiz, Md Mahmudul Hasan and Md. Noor-E-Alam,“A Possibility Distribution Based Multi-Criteria Decision Algorithm for Resilient Supplier Selection Problems”, Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis, 2019. DOI:10.1002/mcda.1696
- Md Mahmudul Hasan, Dizuo Jiang, AMM Sharif Ullah and Md. Noor-E-Alam, “Resilient Supplier Selection in Logistics 4.0 with Heterogeneous Information”, Expert Systems with Applications, 2019. org/10.1016/j.eswa.2019.07.016
- Md Mahmudul Hasan, Md. Noor-E-Alam, Xiaoyi Wang, David Zepeda and Gary Young,“Hospital Readmissions to Non-Index Hospitals: Patterns and Determinants Following the Adoption of the Medicare Readmission Reduction Penalty Program”, Journal for Healthcare Quality, 2019. doi: 10.1097/JHQ.0000000000000199
- Tasnim Ibn Faiz, Chrysaﬁs Vogiatzis and Md. Noor-E-Alam,“A Column Generation Algorithm for Vehicle Scheduling and Routing Problems”, Computers and Industrial Engineering, Vol. 130, pp. 222-236, 2019.
- Hayley D. Germack, Md. Noor-E-Alam, Xiaoyi Wang and Nancy Hanrahan, “Association Between Comorbid Serious Mental Illness Diagnosis and 30-day Medical and Surgical Read-missions ”, JAMA Psychiatry, 2018. doi:10.1001/jamapsychiatry.2018.3091
- Jose L. Crespo-Vazquez, C. Carrillo, E. Diaz-Dorado, Jose A. Martinez Lorenzo and Md. Noor-E-Alam, “A Machine Learning Based Stochastic Optimization Framework for a Wind and Storage Power Plant Participating in Energy Pool Market”, Applied Energy, Vol. 232, pp. 341-357, 2018.
- Tasnim Ibn Faiz and Md. Noor-E-Alam,“Data Center Supply Chain Conﬁguration Design: A Two-Stage Decision Approach”, Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, org/10.1016/j.seps.2018.07.008, 2018.
- Md Saiful Islam, Md Mahmudul Hasan, Xiaoyi Wang, Hayley D. Germack, and Md. Noor-E-Alam,“A Systematic Review on Healthcare Analytics: Application and Theoretical Perspective of Data Mining”, Healthcare, Vol. 6, pp. 1-42, 2018.
- Jose L. Crespo-Vazquez, C. Carrillo, E. Lorenzo Diaz-Dorado, Jose A. Martinez and Md. Noor-E-Alam, “Evaluation of a Data Driven Stochastic Approach to Optimize the Participation of a Wind and Storage Power Plant in Day-Ahead and Reserve Markets”, Energy, Vol. 156, pp. 278-291, 2018.
- Mengkai Xu, Xiaoning Jin, Sagar Kamarthi and Md. Noor-E-Alam, “A Failure-Dependency Modeling and State Discretization Approach for Condition-Based Maintenance Optimization of Multi-Component Systems”, Journal of Manufacturing Systems, Vol. 47, pp. 141-152, 2018.
- AMM Sharif Ullah and Md. Noor-E-Alam,“Big Data Driven Graphical Information Based Multi Criteria Decision Making”, Applied Soft Computing, Vol. 63, pp. 23-38, 2018.
Related Schools & Departments
PhD (2013), Engineering Management, University of Alberta, Canada
MS (2006), Industrial and Production Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology
BS (2004), Industrial and Production Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Muhammad Noor E’s Colleagues
Associate Professor of Political Science
Amílcar Antonio Barreto
Professor & Chair, Cultures, Societies, and Global Studies; Professor & Interim Director, International Affairs; Professor, Political Science; Affiliated faculty member of Women's Gender and Sexuality Studies; Affiliated faculty member in the School of Public Policy and Urban Affairs
Russell B. and Andree B. Stearns Trustee Professor Emeritus of Political Economy; Founding Director of the Dukakis Center; Founding Dean of the School of Public Policy and Urban Affairs
Professor of Public Policy and Political Science
Associate Professor Emeritus of Economics and Public Policy
University Distinguished Professor of Economics and Public Policy
Professor of Public Policy and Urban Affairs
Stephen E. Flynn
Professor of Political Science; Founding Director, Global Resilience Institute
James Alan Fox
Lipman Family Professor of Criminology, Law, and Public Policy
Professor of Environmental Science and Public Policy
Professor of Management, Healthcare Systems and Public Policy
In Memoriam William Kay
In Memoriam: Associate Professor of Political Science
University Distinguished Professor of Political Science and Computer Sciences
Associate Professor of Public Policy and Urban Affairs and Art + Design
Emeritus Associate Professor of Cultures, Societies and Global Studies