In the College of Social Sciences and Humanities, cooperative education—or co-op for short—is a key component to the Experiential Liberal Arts, an educational model that integrates experiential learning with the rigorous study of society, culture, and politics.
Your knowledge from the classroom, including the ability to read, analyze, and write, gets tested and honed while on co-op. History majors work in a variety of fields on co-op and after graduation.
Co-op Coordinator in History
Richard C. Conley BA, MA, JD
Associate Co-op Coordinator
35 Lake Hall
Co-ops in History
Enhance your classroom learning and deepen your knowledge through the co-op experience in a variety of fields. Below is a partial list of the co-op employers and sample job titles by field or industry.
- Reference Assistant, Exhibitions Assistant Intern, Cartographic Projects Assistant
- National Gallery, Library of Congress, Commonwealth Museum, Norman B Leventhal Map Room, MA State Archives
- Solar Power Coordinator, Strategic Analysis Fellowship, Business Development Fellow
- Mass Clean Energy Center, MIT Energy Initiative
- Associate Producer, Public Relations Assistant, Event Marketing Associate, Development, Marketing, and Communications Associate
- ALS Therapy Development Institute, Liberty Mutual Insurance Group, PUMA, VICE (NY), Jacques Babando (Paris)
- Constituent Services, Web Communications Intern, Office of Governmental Affairs Intern
- City of Boston Mayor’s Office, Metropolitan Area Planning Council, MA-Dept of Transportation, US Embassy(Stockholm)
- Legislative Assistant, Elementary Curriculum Writing Fellowship, Research and Analysis Intern
- NU-School of Public Policy and Urban Affairs, International Criminal Tribunal Court for the Former Yugoslavia (The Hague), Instatrac
- Legal Compliance, Litigation Assistant, Criminal Bureau Intern
- Eze Software group, David Phillips & Partners (London), Wellington Management, MA Attorney-General
- Educational Aide, Teacher Assistant, Museum Education Assistant
- Wellesley Middle Schools, Newton Public School System, MFA Boston
- Non-profit organizations
- Program Coordinator, Human Rights & Global Economy, Administrative/Marketing in Global Education
- Scalabrini Center (Cape Town, South Africa) , Bali Institute for Global Renewal, Ashoka (DC)
Learn More About Co-op
If you would like to learn more about how co-op works in the College of Social Sciences and Humanities, please visit the CSSH co-op website.