Undergraduate Deadlines & Materials
Graduate Deadlines & Materials
Ready to join the School of Criminology and Criminal Justice? Submit all application materials, including letters of recommendation, using our online system ApplyYourself. Fall and spring admissions are available for select programs.
Master’s Program: Fall Term
June 15: Master’s applicants (international)
August 15: Master’s and Certificate applicants (non-international)
August 25: Special Student applicants (non-international only)
Master’s Program: Spring Term
October 1: Master’s applicants (international)
December 15: Master’s and Certificate applicants (non-international)
December 15: Special Student applicants (non-international only)
Doctoral Program: Fall Term Only
December 15: All PhD applicants
All required application materials must be uploaded and/or received by the stated deadlines in order for the application to be considered.
- Online Application
- Application fee of $75.00 USD – This fee may be waived for applicants who attend a university event, visit campus, or demonstrate financial need.
- Personal Statement
- Unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended – Transcripts from international applicants must be in English and, if applicable, also in the language of instruction. English translated transcripts must be from the institution, or an officially certified translator, or an educational credential evaluation agency.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Writing sample
- GRE General Exam – The GRE is required of PhD applicants and is optional for Master’s applicants. However, such test scores may be helpful for Master’s applicants with little or no experience beyond their undergraduate studies. Please note the GRE requirement for PhD applicants has been waived for Fall 2021 applicants due to COVID-19.
- English proficiency for all international applicants – Please consult the CSSH website for a list of options that satisfy the English proficiency requirement.