Undergraduate Deadlines & Materials
Graduate Deadlines & Materials
Ready to join the School of Criminology and Criminal Justice? Submit all application materials, including letters of recommendation, using our online system.
Please note that Northeastern is in the process of updating its application system for prospective students interested in Fall 2023 entry. Effective Fall 2023, all applications will be processed in Slate.
Master’s Program: Fall Term
June 15: Master’s applicants (international) (Apply)
August 15: Master’s and Certificate applicants (non-international) (Apply)
August 25: Special Student applicants (non-international only) (Apply)
Master’s Program: Spring Term
October 1: Master’s applicants (international) (Apply)
December 15: Master’s and Certificate applicants (non-international) (Apply)
December 15: Special Student applicants (non-international only) (Apply)
Doctoral Program: Fall Term Only
December 15: All PhD applicants (Apply)
All required application materials must be uploaded and/or received by the stated deadlines in order for the application to be considered.
- Online Application
- Application fee of $100.00 USD – This fee may be waived for applicants who attend a university event, visit campus, or demonstrate financial need.
- Personal Statement
- Unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended – Transcripts from international applicants must be in English and, if applicable, also in the language of instruction. English translated transcripts must be from the institution, or an officially certified translator, or an educational credential evaluation agency.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Writing sample
- GRE General Exam – The GRE is optional for both PhD and Master’s applicants. However, such test scores may be helpful for applicants with little or no experience beyond their undergraduate studies.
- English proficiency for all international applicants – Please consult the CSSH website for a list of options that satisfy the English proficiency requirement.