Criminal Justice Student Advisory Council (CJSAC)
CJSAC is a student organization geared towards anyone and everyone interested in the field of criminology and criminal justice. CJSAC hosts weekly meetings that feature a variety of speaking events including federal special agents, forensics experts, lawyers, local and state law enforcement officers, and undercover drug enforcement agents. Most members are criminal justice majors or minors, but students of any major are invited to participate. CJSAC is for students interested in crime, law enforcement, or careers in a criminal justice related field.
CJSAC also acts as a liaison between the student body and the administration and faculty of the School of Criminology and Criminal Justice in order to provide input, feedback, and recommendations on the practices and procedures within the School that affect the student body. Students are given many opportunities to let their opinions be heard through meetings as well as focus groups with faculty.
Contact CJSAC at firstname.lastname@example.org for a schedule of events and weekly meeting times, which are subject to change each semester.
Criminology-Criminal Justice Graduate Student Association (GSA)
The GSA serves all masters and doctoral students in the School of Criminology and Criminal Justice. We seek to:
- Engage in improving knowledge and scholarship through active engagement in and dialogue with the Northeastern and Boston communities
- Facilitate strong relationships through a social network for students invested in the field of criminal justice and criminology
- Foster a healthy graduate student culture in which students can develop academically as well as professionally, learn, and establish long-lasting relationships with fellow students and faculty
- Advance contribution to the field through service and scholarly achievement
- Establish a united environment and integrated forum of expression and growth for future leaders in criminology and criminal justice