Do you want to…
- Help build community within CSSH?
- Provide peer support and ease new students’ transition to college life?
- Share your knowledge and experience with incoming students?
- Develop your intercultural communication skills?
CSSH invites you to become a student leader in the Fall 2021 semester. Share your Northeastern story with other students by applying to one or more of the following leadership positions
- CSSH Peer Mentors: CSSH Peer Mentors are upper-class students who work with 4-8 incoming first-year students that share the same major. They check-in with their mentees throughout the semester, invite/attend events with them, and share their advice, stories, and experiences.
- CSSH Circle: CSSH Circle Program Assistants (PAs) play a key role in guiding first year international students with adjustment to life in Boston and at Northeastern and CSSH. Each PA is teamed up with several new international students. Throughout the semester assistants are provided a budget to organize 1-3 virtual, hybrid or in person events along with their Circle teams. There are also opportunities to develop skills by taking on leadership roles in Social Media, Event Planning, Outreach, and Peer Training.
- EESH2000 Professional Development for Co-op Teaching Assistants: Serve as a teaching assistant for the CSSH Co-op Prep class!
- CSSH Ambassadors: The CSSH Ambassadors work to highlight and publicize areas of student/faculty research, experiential education, and global opportunities through programming and outreach initiatives to increase visibility of the College of Social Sciences and Humanities at Northeastern University.
We look forward to hearing from you!