It is with great pleasure that we announce this year's student award winners!
Barry Bluestone “Think & Do” Awards
This award recognizes the capstone project that embodies our ideal of timely, evidence-based, policy-focused research that addresses an important problem for a client with an intent of positive social change.
- Fall 2021 | Supporting Equity, Economic and Social Inclusion in Boston’s Small Businesses
Client: Boston Mayor’s Office of Economic Development
Students: Mia Fasano, Benjamin Gould, and Thao Nguyen
- Spring 2022 | Rezoning Without Gentrification: 3 Neighborhoods in Muskegon, Michigan
Client: Three Neighborhoods One Community (3N1C)
Students: Donald Alexis, Jasmine Barnwell, Leah Grannum, and Rebecca Piltch
- Spring 2022 | Creating a StoryMap
Client: Lincoln Institute of Land Policy
Students: Emma DeGrandi, Sydney Peterson, and Charlotte Whittle
- Spring 2022 | The State of Pro Bono Legal Services in Massachusetts
Client: Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court Standing Committee on Pro Bono Legal Services
Students: Noor Ali Hassan, Nicholas Fuller, Brandon Goldman, Dejah Williams, and Jazmine Torres
Graduate Student Leadership Awards
This award is given to a student who demonstrates not only the desire to build a strong community among SPPUA students, but also the will to follow through on that desire.
- Andrea Cass, MS in Environmental Science and Policy
- Jude Hernandez, MS in Urban Planning and Policy
- Liam Monahan, Master of Public Administration
Community Impact Awards
This award is given to a student who demonstrates a deep commitment to partnering with others to address community issues and thereby bring about transformative change.
- Donald Alexis, MS in Urban Planning and Policy
- Aditi Dholakia, Master of Public Administration
- Sage Gibbons, MS in Urban Informatics
Outstanding Academic Performance Awards
This award is given to the graduating students (Master’s or PhD) with the highest GPA.
- Claudia Capria, Master of Public Policy
- Lyubov Kodreanu, Master of Public Policy
- Kendra Mikami, MA in International Affairs
- Zachary Ryan, Master of Public Policy
School Spirit Awards
This award recognizes a student whose academic achievements, outstanding service to the university and larger community, and commitment to putting research into practice embodies the SPPUA spirit.
- Amira Gertz, Master of Public Administration
- Eileen Michaud, MS in Urban Planning and Policy