Our Commitment to Racial Justice
The Northeastern University School of Public Policy and Urban Affairs is committed to the action and work required for uprooting systemic and individual beliefs and actions that protect and promote racial injustice.
Statement of Values and Practice of Ethical, Engaged Teaching, Learning, and Research
As part of our commitment to building a just, sustainable, and resilient world for all, the Northeastern University School of Public Policy and Urban Affairs is committed to harnessing the fullness of our expertise, resources, and relationships to center racial justice in every aspect of our teaching, research, campus relationships, and community engagement.
We aspire to realize this vision by:
- Striving to diversify our student body, faculty, and staff and provide a welcoming and inclusive workplace.
- Supporting undergraduate and graduate students of color in their academic studies and career planning.
- Ensuring that principles of racial justice are embedded throughout our curriculum.
- Centering the assets, lived experiences, knowledge, and voices of the communities in which we teach, learn, and conduct research.
- Encouraging mindfulness, awareness, and intentionality in our actions and interactions amongst our colleagues.
- Implementing equitable workplace practices and procedures in all aspects of the employment process, from recruiting and hiring to on-boarding, retention, and professional development.
It is our intent to continue to reflect, listen, learn, and evolve as a School and as individuals. As our efforts to center racial justice in the fabric of our institution move forward, we will keep our on- and off-campus stakeholders apprised of our initiatives and hold ourselves accountable to our commitment.
Resources for our Communities
If you would like to contribute to these growing lists, please email email@example.com, and use the subject line “Racial Justice Resources.”
- Student Clubs & Organizations
- Graduate Students of Color Collective
- Alliance for Diversity in Science and Engineering
- The Northeastern University Black Alumni Association
- Black Liberation Collective
- The John D. O’Bryant African American Institute
- The Asian American Center
- The Latinx Center
- The Center For Spirituality, Dialogue, and Services
- The LGBTQA Resource Center
- Northeastern Student of Color Caucus
- University Health and Counseling Services
- Black at Northeastern University